Monday 3 March 2008

1 March 2008

On Sunday 2 March I shall be appearing on the "Sunday" programme on BBC Radio 4 in a feature about vicars and organists!

I am directing the music on BBC Radio 4's "Daily Service" On Wednesday 5 and again on Tuesday 25. I shall be playing the organ on Tuesday 11 March.

On Sunday 16 I shall be directing a performance of "Messiah" in New York.

On Good Friday 2 of my orchestral hymn arrangements will be broadcast from St Paul's Cathedral at 7.30pm on BBC Radio 2 with the BBC Concert Orchestra and the Choir of St Paul's Cathedral.

On Sunday 23 I shall be appearing on BBC Radio 3's "The Choir" programme in a feature about congreagational hymn singing. Also my hymn arrangements will be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 from Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral on "Morning Worship". That afternoon I shall be attending the final service of Alan Thurlow's tenure as organist of Chichester Cathedral.

At the end of the month I start a mini tour with All Angels. We are appearing on Thursday 27 at Edinburgh Corn Exchange; Friday 28 at Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral and on Saturday 29 at York Minster.

This month I am also working on two new commissions...a Mass setting for Holy Trinity, Coventry, and an anthem for Clayesmore School in Dorset.

I have two new pieces published this month by Encore and one by OUP

5 comments:

Andy Lole said...

What were you doing up at 2 am writing your blog?

Simon Lole said...

American time on the blog!!!

John the organist said...

Good talk on hymn singing Simon!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Simon Lole said...

Thanks for that Dieta